One can never have enough gadgets right? Right! Luckily, selfie sticks have come a long way since they first came out.
Whether you’re looking for the best selfie sticks for smartphones, under 100 dollars, or the best selfie sticks for GoPro and other action cameras, you’ll find them here.
I’m also putting together a short buyers guide in the podcast for you, as well as a quick tutorial on how to get busy shots for your social media accounts.
Now, let’s get on with this review.
|Vicdozia Extension Selfie Stick||Best Overall|
|Looq G_looq True Wired-remote Shutter||Budget Pick|
|GoPole GPSL-16 Scenelapse 360-Degree Time-Lapse Device||Upgrade Pick|
1. Vicdozia Extension Selfie Stick
- Variety of colors
- Excellent stability
- Light and portable
- Makes quality videos and images
- Good length range
- Easily mountable and detachable
- Durable and functional
And Smart Phones, Compatible with GoPro Hero(2018) Hero 8 7 6 5 4 AKASO SJCAM DJI OSMO Action and More Sports Cameras and Smart Phones.
Cases are available for GoPro and most smartphones.
Can be used for group photos, traveling, and any activity that requires a camera.
2. Fugetek 49" Selfie Stick Monopod Professional High End FT-568
- Take professional videos and pictures
- Easy hand-held operation
- Easy operation
- Compatible with all types of smartphones and some DLSR cameras
- Quality customer support; experienced team
- No Bluetooth
- No camera controls
- No reach adjustment
The Fugetek FT-568 is our top choice as it is compact and easy to use. This product is compatible with all smartphones. It features a remote control with easy hand-held operation. The Fugetek is easy to use and allows you to take professional videos and pictures. It is compatible with all types of smartphones and DLSR cameras.
But it is not rechargeable. If you want a rechargeable one, then you should check this one: WIFI bluetooth remote controlled monopod for cell phones
3. SP Gadgets Remote Pole
- Extremely well-made and durable
- Super easy to set up and use
The SP Gadgets brand is a reputable brand on the market and leads the pack of selfie sticks that are effective and get the job done. The SP Gadgets Remote Pole has 19-inches of spacing between the pole and your camera. This will set this selfie stick apart from the competition.
The selfie stick comes with a remote control that allows you to take the pictures from a distance of at least 10 meters or 33 feet. This will allow you to capture different angles easily and if you are a vlogger or a YouTuber, this will come in handy. The pole is extendable only to 18.5 inches, and for some people, this might be a bummer since they may want more of it.
The GoPole Rave is an advanced GoPro stick – one of the finest on the market. It offers a higher maximum length than GoPro’s own iconic stick, and it’s generally cheaper than the HeroSPORT model as well. It also includes a remote trigger, something which the GoPole lacks. You can also angle the GoPro slightly, helping you to capture the best shots.
4. Black Diamond Trail Pro Shock Trekking Poles
- Shock absorbers ensure comfortable grip even with large lenses
- Compact when folded
- Lightweight for your comfort
- Lower hand grip is equipped with a band that?s removable for those who want a less padded hold
- Anti-shock shafts help to absorb steps while hiking and guarantee stability
- Quick lock mechanism becomes loose after a while
- Lack of rubber grip on top stick
- Not compatible with all cameras – check your camera model!
While bargain selfie sticks are sometimes better than most expensive ones, it doesn’t mean that they’re perfect for photographing yourself and your gear. The worst is when selfie sticks fall short of the mark, and don’t provide the performance you’d expect, especially when they are very expensive.
The Black Diamond Trail Pro Shock Trekking Poles, without a doubt, are among the best that you can find out there, and work as advertised.
5. QEONIX iPhone X/XS Privacy Screen Protector 5.8 inch
- A single screen protector.
- It is very easy to apply and remove.
- It has a durable layer.
- It is a state of the art screen protector for iphone X headsets.
- It may be hard to apply and remove.
- It is not compatible with the iphone X type c cable.
- Color variation can occur during this process.
Bubble Free Screen Protector for iPhone, Compatible with iPhone X/XS 5.8 inch (2018,2017), Clear
This item is an an IPX4 certified tempered glass made from a 9H grade tempered glass, which makes it hard but at the same time supple. This is perfect for blocking the threats of germs and bacteria. The way it protects the iphone X behind it is that it keep the moisture and dirt away from the screen; so that the screen will stay smooth for a longer time. It fits perfectly so that it won’t interfere with the screen.
The tempered glass is amazing because it is a food grade and it is hard, so that it protects the phone from all the falls and from all the scratches. It also keeps the privacy safe. Its special feature comes from a layer that is added to the glass. This layer gives the glass a smooth look while at the same time it protects the screen of the phone from the scratches.
6. Volsey VS1 Built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter Selfie Stick
This gadget is all about the remote shutter – the handle length can be easily adjusted using a twist knob for comfortable usage. It is also very compact and lightweight, and waterproof to boot. It comes with a 10-month warranty and is compatible with any non-IOS smartphone. The built-in 300 mAh rechargeable battery and a battery indicator on the built-in Bluetooth remote shutter take care of the battery life. The wireless remote control with 150 mm Bluetooth range allows for easy usage.
There is no IPx rating, but according to the product description this is heat and water resistant, not waterproof, so take care not to take it for a swim.
7. GoPro 3-Way Grip
- Quality material
- Sturdy and durable
- Can be used as a tripod
Completely designed with a GoPro user in mind, this 3-way grip can help you take professional and creative shots with your GoPro camera.
Thanks to its versatile pivoting arm, you can mount it on a helmet, bike handlebars, or a selfie stick. You could easily turn your GoPro camera into a personal security camera. It’s also easy to submerge it in water as it’s waterproof.
If you’re looking for a multi-purpose tripod you can mount your GoPro camera on, this one is for you. You can use it at the beach, on boats and even mounting it on some cars for the ultimate driving shots.
8. Premium Bluetooth Selfie Stick
- Attractive high quality product
- Works well with iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S8, Lumia 950,
- Has built-in LED lights for clear photos or videos even in the dark
- Easy to use and to pair with your device
- Enhanced bluetooth transmission
- Has an adjustable phone cradle holds your phone securely
- In-built 16000 mAh battery
- Share photos with a wireless printer
- Has a 3.5 mm audio jack & built-in speaker
9. IK Multimedia iKlip Grip 5-in-1 Multifunction Smartphone and Camera Stand
- Pro Quality at affordable price
- Great for use with Smartphones, GoPro Action Cameras/Cameras, And iPhones etc.
- Super-Compact Design For Travel
- Solid, Durable, • Functional Design
- Multiple Purpose
- Plastic material: May not hold up as well to the test of time as some metal products could.
For Easy, Pinch-Free Selfie-Taking, iPhone, Android, GoPro, DSLR & Other Cameras (Black).
If you want a high-quality, easy to use, convenient and highly functional iPhone or Android phone mount, this is the device for you. Its innovative, lightweight design comes with a universal Bluetooth shutter release button that fits right into your smartphone mount so you can take a picture or start recording instantly.
This makes it easy for you to just set it up and begin shooting, which is great for selfie-taking. It's also great for taking scenic shots with your GoPro or other action cameras, since you'll be able to take pictures and start/stop recording with your GoPro or other camera as well.
10. FloatPro Waterproof 3-in-1 Extendable Monopod Selfie Stick
- Works well in the water
- Doesn’t extend as high as some higher priced models
- Does not provide the same quality of photos as higher priced model
IPhone, Android Smartphone, GoPro Surf Buoy and More.
The FloatPro is designed for the beach (includes a GoPro float), the pool (includes a silicone phone mount), or anywhere else where you want a better shot of yourself or a group.
The telescoping pole can be extended from 21 inches to 60 inches. While the pole itself was a little slippery, the clamp looked a bit flaky… but most of us don’t try to force these things to do what they weren’t meant to. When fully extended, the max holding weight is 9 pounds.
11. GoPole GPSL-16 Scenelapse 360-Degree Time-Lapse Device
- Makers claim that this model adds no delay between shots
- This GoPro timelapse sticks has a rechargeable battery
- Can be used with GoPole's third-party App for iOS and Android devices
- Measuring 2.72 inches wide and 10.24 inches long while loaded, the GPSL-16 fits nicely into any pocket
The GoPole GPSL-16 is arguably the best GoPro timelapse sticks out there. The GoPole GPSL-16 is without any question a very handy tool for a professional or amateur photographer. It has a 6-axis gyro-stabilization system and screws into your GoPro to enable it to take shots in any direction while moving.
The GoPole GPSL-16 comes with a 9.7 mm 9:1 Uniball connection to GoPro Hero camera. What makes it different from the other timelapse stick is is ability to support larger devices that other do not. It also has a rechargeable battery that is capable of achieving up to 4 hours of power.
12. Gorilla Gear Tech Complete Selfie Kit
- Made with military-grade stretchy Material
- Foliage snags easily
- The selfie stick doesn’t often hold steady for larger phones
This Gorilla Gear selfie stick comes with a selfie stick, Bluetooth shutter button, extension pole, carrying case, and a wrist phone holder. The kit is made with military grade material that stretches to 15 times its original size. This means you can use it to hold your smartphone without the selfie stick shaking.
The Bluetooth trigger comes with a clamp to easily attach it to your belt, backpack, or purse. It also comes with a rechargeable battery and a USB charging cord so you can charge both your phone and your selfie stick.
The selfie stick is about 3.5 inches long when it’s extended and comes with a wrist holder that’s also made out of military grade material. You can also connect your smartphone to your wrist holder to hold your phone in place.
13. Selfie Stick
- Seems to be very well made for the price
- Has a strong clip to connect the smartphone
- You should be able to use the product without any issues
- Don’t have any Bluetooth or wireless technology
- No control over the zoom on the product
- Not very high quality materials for that price
This product is a single piece selfie stick. This means that the device is not separate pieces that have to be put together. This is a great option for those who don’t want to have to assemble a bunch of pieces or have their selfie stick fall apart on them.
The product includes an aux cable with an earbud style jack. This earbud style jack has a wire wrapping around it as well to further increase its stability. That said it also comes with a normal AUX cord as well for those without a headphone jack on their smartphones.
The product has rubber grips along its length to prevent the stick from slipping in your hand. These are a nice little addition to the product and are quite important. If you have ever tried to wrap your fingers around a smooth pole, you would realize that it is very easy for your hands to slip.
14. Looq G_looq True Wired-remote Shutter
- Great for anyone who wants a lightweight selfie stick
- There is no Bluetooth pairing or connect button required
- The use of 2.4 G technology reduces the time between pressing the button and the stick taking a picture
- The convenient, expandable selfie stick will hold up to a 10.1 inch phone
- Telescoping pole is ideal for most people
- Adjustable phone mount allows you to set it up for comfortable shooting
- The stick features an extendable design that has a range of 36 to 75 cm, allowing you to take selfies from a wider range without standing so close to your subject
- Long extendable stick will work for most people
- As it is a wired selfie stick, it may be inconvenient to the user
- The small clip can break if you are not careful
- If you need a selfie stick to take photos while you are in motion, this is not a good option for you
- The set comes with only one phone mount and no charger or batteries
- Some buyers report that the stick is too flimsy
For a selfie stick with a long range of use, this one is an excellent option.
15. HISY WING Holder
- One of the most user-friendly selfie sticks I’ve ever used
- Very affordable
- Wrist strap included
- Versatile head – you can adjust it to flip vertically, horizontally, and on its side
- Extendable handle
The HISY selfie stick is easy to use and dismantle. It takes less than a minute to assemble and it only takes up a little space when it’s folded up. The locking system is one of the most solid that I’ve ever encountered.
It also comes in a variety of colors, including bright pink, yellow, blue, and green. The bottom of the stick is magnetic and can be attached to the head. This makes it easier to carry the stick around your neck. The handle is also ergonomic and quite comfortable. Finally, a wrist strap for the stick is included.
The only concerns I have with this stick is that some users have complained about its quality and durability. It’s quite long for a stick and I’m concerned about its ability to hold up under heavy use. Still, it’s a great selfie stick for the price.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which brand of selfie stick is the best?
There are a lot of discount brands for selfie sticks out there, and while these tend to be perfectly fine, you might not get the same quality and reliability that you find with a more established brand. If you’re going to invest in a selfie stick, we recommend going with a known name.
Virtually everyone recognizes the brand of GoPro and they’re a respected name when it comes to adventure cameras. You can expect that their selfie stick will be high quality and easy to use. The price tag certainly isn’t as cheap, but you’re paying for the brand reputation, too.
How do I choose a selfie stick?
Choosing a selfie stick can be easy, especially when it’s a gift for someone else. If you know another person who uses the product enough to give you a recommendation, then you can simply follow his or her advice.
If you’re not sure which product to go with, we would recommend taking your intended usage into consideration. If you’ll be using the selfie stick often to take photos of yourself or your family at different locations and occasions, it’s probably worth spending a little more money for a more durable product.
If you’re using it occasionally, or if you’re giving it as a gift, it’s likely that you’ll be using it primarily for social media. In that case, many of the lower-cost options are fine.
Which is the best selfie stick in India?
Full disclosure, I have been a selfie stick enthusiast for some time now and I buy, test, and review them all the time. I have seen all the options and I have tried almost all the products on the market and truly only two stands out. There was nothing wrong with the other products but I couldn't find too much value for their price.
I have seen a lot of cheap bargain items on Amazon. They seem cheap and attractive and their popularity says a lot for their product. But I personally have been the one to write all the negative reviews ughhhhh.
The best selfie stick for me would be the TaoTronics TT-SK02 because in spite of its cheap tag, it has an excellent build quality and very easy and convenient to use. And ta-da! I absolutely love it.
Why are selfie sticks getting banned?
Most of these bans occurred in museums and certain sports arenas. In some cases, prohibited sites are simply trying to protect visitors from injury. Other bans can be attributed to concerns about the price of admission rising due to visitors recording their experience. Still, for many museums and arenas, these bans appeared to be motivated by annoyance or other concerns.
Some artists disapprove of snapping images or recording of their performances because they believe that it ruins the aesthetic of a concert by relying too heavily on the visual experience. Additionally, some teams dislike audiences using devices because they fear distraction or an increase in rowdy behavior.
For museums, part of the issue is that selfie sticks could pose a safety risk to the selfie-taker or others nearby. Some museums have gone so far as to try to install u-shaped hooks that block selfie sticks. Regardless of the reason for selfie stick bans, using one can result in a steep fine by security or police.
As you know, the selfie stick is an awesome accessory that will let you capture your memorable moments with ease. And given how popular selfies have become in recent years, the selfie stick is absolutely essential if you want to stay in the picture!
A lot of people spend a lot of money on their selfies, so they really want to buy the best selfie stick they can find. You might be one of those people. We hope this article will help you do just that – find the best selfie stick for you.
|Vicdozia Extension Selfie Stick||Best Overall|
|Looq G_looq True Wired-remote Shutter||Budget Pick|
|GoPole GPSL-16 Scenelapse 360-Degree Time-Lapse Device||Upgrade Pick|