You’re driving along on the highway minding your own business when you see a car on the side of the road with its hazard lights flashing. As you’re slowing down for a closer look, you notice someone using a selfie stick tripod. That’s when you realise it’s time to get a selfie stick tripod — so that you don’t end up in the same situation.
However, before you rush out and buy a selfie tripod, there’s a few things to consider. First and foremost, you want to get a tripod that is reliable, secure, and will get the job done without confusion.
And, to ensure that you take the right decision, I’ve prepared an in-depth guide to all that is “selfie stick tripod”. To help you understand what features to look for and why. Then, I’ll show you the top five rated selfie stick tripods available today. Read on to learn more.
1. ChargerCity 360º Swivel Adjust Selfie Live Video Camera Tripod Mount & MegaGrab Easy-Adjust Smartphone Holder
- Perfect for vlogging
- 360-degree rotation
- Can retract down tight that is does not take up a lot of space
- Included wrist strap to make it easy to hold
- Head is made of plastic, making it flimsy
- Can be a little difficult to open
This 360º swivel tripod for phones from ChargerCity is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to be able to go in any direction, no matter what setting you’re shooting in, and this tripod is perfect for that. It is totally adjustable and it swivels in any direction, so it’s perfect when you’re in motion or when you’re not moving at all.
You can adjust the video camera and holder for phones up, down, left, and right, making it fabulous for shooting indoors or outdoors or even really any other direction. The tripod itself sits on a silver sort of base, which gives it a little bit of weight and stability, which is good when you’re vlogging.
2. Accmor AC-13TR 18-50-Inch Self-Portrait Extendable Monopod
- You can shoot more professional shots through an improved perspective
- Steady panning action makes it easier to get a clear shot.
- You can use it for a variety of purposes
- Not meant for heavy-duty purposes
- Some say the tripod is not as strong as you would expect
This compact selfie stick is a tripod you can rely on to produce high-quality photos for your Instagram and Twitter pages.
The durable aluminum alloy construction makes this selfie stick a worthwhile choice for those who need something that is going to survive everyday use. There’s the fact that the tripod is going to hold up to five pounds, which is decent for an item of this kind.
The kit comes with a Bluetooth shutter remote control, which adds to the convenience of this item.
3. Quik Pod SPORT Waterproof GoPro Selfie Stick
- Great selfie stick for GoPro
- Lightweight and durable
- Extended arm is adjustable
- Rubber handles make it easy to grip and hold
- Ergonomic handle helps you get the right angle and control your shots, whether your device has a wrist strap or not
- Does not include a wrist strap
- Does not include a wrist strap
- Could use a more secure clip attachment option
- Not actually waterproof
- Clamp can be a bit tricky to deploy
If you want to buy a GoPro selfie stick, this one will do the trick. It’s the top-rated accessory for the GoPro HERO4, HERO3, HERO3+ and HERO3 cameras. It is perfect for capturing selfies or regular group photos, and it has a clamp design for a cell phone or other device as well. When you’re done shooting and the arm is retracted it is just 5.5 inches long.
It is a selfie stick tripod that is lightweight (7.3 ounces) and is made with a durable aluminum construction. The carrying bag it comes with helps protect the selfie stick from scratching and is water-resistant. This means you can take it to the beach or pool without any worries of getting it wet, or you can put it away without worry at the end of the day.
4. Rugged 4-in-1 Selfie Stick Tripod Stand Kit + Bluetooth Remote
- Can support phones like iPhone Xs Max XS XR X 8 7 6 Plus, Samsung S9 plus.
- The 360º rotatable bracket makes the head box assembly adjustable, mount all kinds of equipment, and turn 360° freely.
- Adjustable phone clamp, strap can do the adjustable length enlargement or reducion, to meet different models of mobile phone needs.
- Extendible phone holder, more convenience for you to enjoy photography.
- Bluetooth remote control shutter and video pan/tilt function, can work with many smart phones.
- The tripod mount diameter: 25mm 0.98±0.04inch
- Tilt base diameter: 24mm 0.94±0.04inch
- Mobile phone clamp: 8.9x3x0.9inch / 225*77*23mm
- Total length: 32.5inch / 827mm
5. IK Multimedia iKlip Grip 5-in-1 Multifunction Smartphone and Camera Stand
- Takes selfies easily even with uncooperative group shots
- Can also be used to capture detailed shots of a distant subject
- Can be used in both horizontal and vertical positions
- No setup option for the selfie stick on its own
- You need to have a phone or camera with Bluetooth and wireless capabilities
- Some people may find it too bulky for convenience
What we like about the IK Multimedia iKlip Grip is its 5-in-1 function that makes it possible to use in a variety of ways. This includes as a tripod that can clamp onto uneven surfaces, a mount for your smartphone, a Go-Pro mount, a video stabilizer, and an audio mixer.
It works as a stabilizer by holding your phone in a secure and steady grip for any kind of video filming or photography. It can also be mounted on a tripod or any other stand.
This iKlip Grip comes with a wireless remote that you can use to control your video camera remotely. It’s compatible with both iOS and Android devices. With Bluetooth and wireless technology, you can use it up to 100 feet away.
6. Selfie Stick Tripod
- It comes in three different finishes: Black + Silver, Red + Silver, and Black + Gold
- The grip and the build feel sturdy and can withstand many drops
- The phone mount and the tripod are completely detachable
- Selfie stick supports most different-sized phones
This is an excellent product for those who want a selfie stick tripod because it can work as a selfie stick or a tripod depending on your needs. You can also use this selfie stick tripod during a vlog or video recording. Its foldable legs ensure that it can be easily fit in your backpack without you worrying about the stick bending and breaking. It’s made out of a good, sturdy aluminum alloy, so it can really take a beating. And it comes in three different colors: black, silver, and gold.
Let’s start with the highlights of this product: The grip, which comes with a good nonslip coating, is also made out of a very sturdy material: aluminum alloy. It can handle a lot of wear and tear so it can be well-used over a long period of time.
7. GEPRO X-Snap Handheld & Tripod 2-1 Self-portrait Monopod Extendable Selfie Stick
- A rich and quality feel
- Removable monopod lets you switch to tripod quickly
- Has Bluetooth
- Fully adjustable length
- Not easy to hold (its a monopod not a selfie stick)
- Not suitable for small arms
Berry, powered by 2200mAh Rechargeable Battery.
The GEPRO X-Snap is a selfie stick that has been designed for more than just selfies. It can be used as monopod, which is removable. It has Bluetooth for remote operation, and it is compatible with iOS 7.0 or later, Android 4.3 or later, and Bluetooth 3.0 enabled Android devices.
The monopod is a high-quality aluminum alloy which is very lightweight and about 20 inches long. The selfie stick is made of ABS plastic and is a height of about 9 inches and has a width of 4 inches. The device is controlled and can be operated by a Bluetooth remote. The remote can be set to control the shutter as well as the zoom of your camera.
8. HISY WING Holder
- 3-in-1 design – tripod + table stand + selfie stick
- Comes with its own phone case
- 3 different grip styles
The HISY WING is an ingenious product that solves a problem we weren’t even aware of – how to efficiently hold your cell phone.
HISY comes in 3 different parts – a smartphone case, a tripod, and a selfie stick. You can use the tripod in its standard form which will hold up a 7in tablet. If you fold the legs out, you can use it as a tabletop stand for your smartphone or tablet. I was surprised to find that it can hold up several standard size books!
The last way you can use it is as a selfie stick. The phone case attaches to the end of the selfie stick, so it’s ready to use when you need to prop the phone up.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best selfie stick with Tripod?
A selfie stick is a convenient way to take farther range photos of yourself to share on social media. The biggest drawback is when your phone is in the extended position, you can't use your camera's zoom ability. It's even worse for videos. Tripod selfie sticks are superior because they help solve the problem by using your phone's adjustable camera zoom.
There are of course drawbacks to Tripod selfie sticks; you can't use the phone as a phone, and it feels like you're holding a small paint brush. With that said, you will still get better quality photos and videos when compared to holding your phone by hand.
Which brand of selfie stick is the best?
Silicone is a proven material when it comes to phone cases and selfie sticks. Manufacturers know that you’ll rarely need to replace this type of tripod, so they don’t compromise the quality. Silicone has anti-slip properties that also resist damage better than plastic alternatives. It’s a great addition to any selfie stick.
Finally, the size is less important than the stability of the tripod. Even if you have a large phone, you should be able to find a selfie stand that can bear it. Some phone cases are very heavy, but a good selfie stick will be able to sustain that extra weight.
Shop for the best selfie sticks of 2019 here.
How do you turn a selfie stick into a tripod?
The pogo-type mount allows you to attach your stick to anything that is surface-level. For most cases this means you can set your selfie stick on a table, counter, or even a backpack.
The tripod part only exists on this type of selfie stick. It is a separate ball head mount that you can screw onto a tripod. This way you can get more height from your selfie stick as well as a better panning angle.
Can you vlog with a selfie stick?
Yes! While it’s certainly more conspicuous than a traditional tripod, a selfie stick can be a lifesaver. For example, while vlogging at a music festival, you may not have the opportunity to connect your tripod to a tree or use a tabletop for support. Instead, you can move away from your subject to find an ideal spot and rest the selfie stick directly on a fence, tree, or anything else in your scene.
As with anything else in the vlogging world, the quality of your footage will be determined by your skill level, so practicing with a selfie stick is essential. Also, remember that your viewer can tell if you’re holding it, so it’s best to relax and try to forget that it’s there.
In this article, we’ve highlighted 10 of the best selfie stick tripods that you can easily carry around while traveling. After reviewing each one, we’ve selected the best options for vlogging and for use with your iPhone or Android smartphone. For heavier smartphones like the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, we’ve included a list of the best tripods with flexible and extra-long legs.